Find quick answers to common library and research questions.
How do I access Rosetta Stone through the Library?
The library provides access to tutorials in 30 languages through Rosetta Stone. Access is for Level 1 only. Users can learn various languages through programs that have them interact through spoken dialogue, text and photographic images at their own pace. Users may also take interactive tests with speech recognition software to measure their progress and practice listening, speaking, and writing through a variety of exercises.
To get to the Library's subscription to Rosetta Stone, go to the Library homepage, click on A-Z List of Databases (at the top, under "In This Section"), search for Rosetta Stone, scroll down and click on the Rosetta Stone link. You will need to create a username and password.
To get the Rosetta Stone app on your mobile device:
- Search for Rosetta Stone in the App Store or Google Play store.
- Download the Rosetta Stone app.
- DO NOT launch the app once installed.
- Instead, open your web browser.
- Search for Rosetta Stone in the A-Z List of Databases on the Library website, and click on the library link to Rosetta Stone.
- ONce routed to the log-in screen, enter your email, password, and language you desire to learn.
- Click Sign In to enter the program.
- Once in the Language Learning Suite, click Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons Version 3.
- The lesson will then launch automatically in the Rosetta Stone app.