Find quick answers to common library and research questions.
How do I access and download the Library's ebooks?
You can access around 200,000 ebooks (mostly academic books) through the SMC Library. Our two biggest databases of ebooks are ebrary and Ebsco ebooks. Here's how to find and read them:
- Start on whatever device you're going to want to read the ebook on (computer, tablet, phone, etc.).
- Search in Classic Albert or Albert Plus for a specific book or your desired topic.
- You can limit your results to just e-books if you want.
- When you find an ebook you want, click SMC users connect to [ebrary, Ebsco ebooks, etc.].
- If it is an ebrary ebook, it will prompt you to log in with your SMC ID.
- Scroll down to pick a chapter, or click Read Online or Full Download. If you click Full Download, you will need to install the Adobe Digital Editions app on a computer, or Bluefire Reader on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- If it is an Ebsco ebook, on the left you can click on PDF Full Text to read it right now (scroll down or use the < > buttons to scroll pages), or Download This eBook.
- For download this ebook, you will need to create or sign in to a My EBSCOhost account. (This is different from your SMC ID.) Then you will need to click Download in the upper right, and you will need to view it in the Adobe Digital Editions app on your computer, or the EBSCO eBooks app on a mobile device.
- Or, you can save/print a limited number of pages as PDFs: in the PDF Full Text view, click Print Pages at the to of the screen, select which pages you want to print to PDF. Then you can send these pages to your Kindle if you want.